Wednesday 5 February 2014

Goals for 2014

My personal goals as of Feb 5th, 2014:
The more specific and defined your goals are, the easier you can define what the smallest easiest next step is, ultimately making it less stressful and easier to achieve faster. Practice makes perfect.

Health:

Physical:
Sign up to a gym (LA fitness 'cause it's close?) - 1 hour hard cardio 3 times a week to trim down, or go to at least 1 regular full body workout class.
Go to bed in a more disciplined way, ideally at 11:30 as opposed to somewhere between 12 and 3.

Diet:
Eat a high fiber vitamin rich cereal every morning
Eat fruit and salad or soup for lunch every day
Cook a healthy meal every night possible
Avoid fast food whenever possible (this is going to take a lot of discipline, but if you give your brain enough reasons, it will be easy)

Mental:
I would like to expand my mind more, continue my path of wisdom, and will be reading something that benefits me overall:
Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience
http://www.amazon.ca/Flow-The-Psychology-Optimal-Experience/dp/0061339202

Financial: 

Debt:
I am now focused on 2 things in the financial department. Outgoing, and incoming.
I should be able to sell some gear I don't use (I practice letting go of material items on purpose, can always buy it again) to get my debt down. So far this year, I have spent a lot of money on a vacation (around 3300), bought a bass. I also sold a bass, and hope to sell a drum kit, potentially my Ken Smith (may bring in another 3k), and more, so that my visa's are eliminated completely. My car will be paid off this month. Then I will focus directly on saving.

Investment:
Since I have no idea how to save or where to invest money, I am going to persue education via financial investors. I am focused on buying a house and renting it out, potentially in the Collingwood or Burlington area. Burlington is likely the best investment, however it requires a lot more startup $. Although I would absolutely love to buy a nice Infinity G37 black coupe RWD 6 speed, it would suck all my money away, with superficial satisfaction that won't last. Not to mention gas, repair, and maintenance is high cost and stress. With the house rental, I may be able to live there as well as rent out through AIRBNB.com however, during the cold seasons it may not always get booked (Not a lot of Tourism in Burlington).

Income:
Aside from my regular income, which I solely (stupidly) depend on, I wish to expand.
I have a few options/ideas but perhaps it should be an entirely different blog page (yep.)
Web Design
Playing music (gigs)
Teaching music (ahh never done it! But I study music nearly every day)
I must give this more attention.

Music:

Playing:
Wayne Jetski - Funk Fusion and covers
Sling N the Stone - Reggae Dubstep Fusion Jungle Jam band
Frannalee - Everything
Salarium - Top 100
Spank - 70's Disco
Wesley James - Hip Hop Pop
My own project I hope to start this year soon. I need to plan it out, but I always feel like I don't even know what I want to do due to lack of education. I guess the truth is with my experience there are a million choices and I must choose a path. Stay tuned for a page on that.
I also need to focus on my web side of business for bands, specifically for exposure to get gigs.

Education:
I hope to post as many useful lessons as I can on this site. My goals are to be able to rip through jazz changes, but that is pretty vague so I will decide to specify right now:
- Be able to simplify reading chord changes and understand what to focus on (ie: quickly read ahead and identify a II  V I change, and realize I only need to think about notes from the I chord)
- Learn how to practice scales on piano and chord voicings (will use this to write nice changes this year)
- Practice reading through 1 jazz standard, to not only solo over it, but to understand how to walk through it, and what makes the chord choices significant.
- Prepare to be able to pass a Humber audition. To do this, I will have to get up to speed with reading and learning different styles.

Teaching:
I need to figure out everything to do with teaching music as a form of income and self learning.

Travel:

Camping - Hope to go at least twice this year.
Europe - Not quite sure it will happen this year
Australia - In the next few years
Victor Wootens camp - If I can get time off again.

No comments:

Post a Comment